Lizzie Thynne presented work in progress on the project film about Jill Craigie at several conferences in 2019:
- BAFTSS, University of Birmingham, April
- Poetics and Politics of Documentary, UC Santa Cruz, May
- Screen, University of Glasgow, June
- Journal of Media Practice symposium, University of Kent, June
- Women’s History Network conference, LSE, September
She discussed how the film research explores how to highlight the tensions between the different performances of self in which Craigie engaged as ‘exceptional’ young woman director,media personality and, from 1948, the wife of former Labour leader, Michael Foot.